Monday 4 June 2012

Overdue

Remember when you were a kid and you kept a diary or a journal? Yes? Good ... then you'll remember that you only ever had time to write in it when nothing was actually happening in your life. Turns out that blogging isn't much different!

There's a lot going on just now and I'm struggling to keep up with it all. I feel like everyone is getting a bit of a raw deal from me at the moment, like there isn't enough of me to go round. Ironically, there is plenty of me! Well, more than usual. Training-wise, I feel like this year has never really got off the ground. Running is being hampered at the moment by a niggly achilles (and the rest!) Unfortunately, it's also not comfortable when swimming. Time is hurtling on (apparently it's June already!) and I think I seriously need to re-assess what I'm going to manage race-wise. I'm not sure I'm in the right frame of mind to do that though. Currently, I'd just like to sack the whole lot off!

I won't do that but I do need to find a way forward and it's not clear to me just yet what that is going to be.

5 comments:

  1. Set yourself a 2 years from now goal, and then work backwards towards it, but make it realistic, and make it fun? Always here for my fab friend! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Taff! It's all about long term targets.. It's definitely ok being a bit selfish every now and then, especially when the chips are down - get yourself on the right track. Then, whenever you want to, let us all in, we'll be there (whether you like it or not ;) ) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember the support structure you can call on if you need it...
    and "don't sweat the small stuff"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I've had the same type of year, with my broken thumb that is still recovering. I'm not where I want to be, but I know from past years that this passes and everything gets back to normal. So, don't get too down, you'll eventually get back to your girl monster self.:D

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snap, my year has gone tits up too, so frustrating but trying to look forward to when I'm 100% again. Shove up and I'll keep you company on the bench :)

    ReplyDelete