Thursday 19 May 2011

Best laid plans

Yesterday's training schedule went completely to pot for a horrible reason. The pi (my son) is being bullied at school and things escalated to the point where he got punched in the face. I can hardly begin to describe how sad and angry and impotent this makes me feel. In any case, I ended up spending the whole morning in the head teachers office trying to sort things out. This is the first time I've been down to the school to see her and she hasn't made me sit outside waiting like a naughty girl. Serious business indeed.

It was too late to do a full workout by the time I got back so instead I knocked out:

3 x 12 deadlifts
3 x 12 squats
3 x 12 standing calf raises
3 x 6 bicep curls (because I cannot resist a curl!)

and then went for a 5K run. I am not yet accustomed to using a barbell so I'm keeping weights in the 12 rep range till I'm happy with my form.

Still felt angsty in the evening so I threw The Terminator in the DVD player and knocked out 300 press ups and 300 sit ups. I say 'knocked out' to be all cool and casual and to hide the fact that by the end I looked like I was having some sort of seizure!

More later ...

No comments:

Post a Comment