Monday 16 May 2011

Prep

"I contain multitudes" (Walt Whitman)

A lot goes on in my head. I often intend for it to make it out and go other places but that hasn't always been the case. I get bound up in the details of it and end up doing nothing.

This here is an attempt to just get on with things. I wanted somewhere to keep track of my crafts, somewhere to keep track of my fitness endeavours, somewhere I can write a little bit and so help free up some space in my head. Ordinarily, I would want to be organised and have separate blogs for everything but I have recognised that impulse for what it is ... avoidance! This is me just doing it.

Heading off to the gym shortly for a legs session, some tricep work and then pilates. I ran this morning so the cardio is already taken care of.

It seems that today is a hungry day. Do you ever get those, where no matter how much you eat it is never enough? Well, it's one of those. Decided it was as good a time as any to try out the new protein pancake recipe!

Ingredients:
1 egg
1/2 banana
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup oats
cinnamon (I used loads because I happen to love it)

Just blend it all up together, adding a little water if the mixture is too stiff.

I have to say that the end result is not bad at all. We ate them with the other half of the banana chopped on top (waste not want not).

I think that sometimes the unreasonable hunger comes from simply not eating enough of the right things. I'm being mindful of my diet just now though so I'm going to blame this one on hormones. This means I get to eat until the feeling subsides :)

No comments:

Post a Comment