Monday 23 May 2011

Measuring up

Do you know how difficult it is to measure your own bicep? Very would be the answer! Decided to take a few proper measurements today for a couple of reasons; firstly to mark progress with the action babe challenge and secondly, if I'm making new knickers, I need to know what size to make them. I'm quite excited to get started :)

I've sketched out a few designs and ordered some lacey bits online (was I meant to be using up stash for this project? Oops). Hopefully I'll have time later to draft my pattern, ready to get cracking on it tomorrow. I will endeavour not to get carried away and stay up really late making my first pair(s).

Having finished the 3 x 100 press ups challenge over on the Runners Forum, I've been having a think about what to do next and so I've been loitering at T-Nation again, sifting my way through some of the articles. This one: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/plp_the_60day_challenge&cr= caught my eye. I noticed when I first started the press ups challenge that I was really leaning out. Without altering my diet, I was able to achieve considerable fat loss - not quite a six pack, more like a four but that's pretty darn good considering! So I already suspected that High Frequency Training was effective for me and since this programme can be done in addition to my usual training, I'm going to give it a go.

Today is going to count as day one. My weakest exercise of the three is the pull up and since I want to do them all properly, I'm going to start at 1 rep instead of 10 because I can only do 3 with decent form and no kipping. Let's see how I get on :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Your 3 x 100 pushups is crazy good! Do you realize that most women cannot do even 1 good pushup? I've taught a few women how to reach their goal of doing a men's pushup. This takes many weeks to get that strong.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete