Sunday 22 May 2011

Ooh, shiny! Or should I say frilly?

I had a post all written (well, half-written as is my way) all about realising what a terrible hoarder I am and how unproductive that becomes after a while. All this was prompted by having to empty out my handbag and discovering 4 crochet hooks, three types of yarn, a darning needle, sketches of a new tattoo design, a protein bar (sadly well out of date) and a training diary, amongst other things. I believe my point was that I was long overdue for a clear out of my bag, my home, my life.

I may have to hold off on that for the moment though. I was having a nose about online earlier because I fancied some nice new underwear and it occurred to me that I would be an idiot to pay what some places are asking. Do I not have a sewing machine and the skill to operate it? Do I in fact not have plenty of suitable fabric, thread and trimmings? Well, since I never throw anything out of course I do! So I am going to try my hand at making some knickers - I'm very excited! :)

The decluttering will have to happen at some point though. I am thinking about dipping my toe back in the waters of the relationship game again and let's face it, fancy pants will only distract a man for so long. At some point, he's going to wake up and notice that there are things crowding in on him from every side. I can only hope that my prospective boy is not claustrophobic. We have known each other for a while but he has not yet been to my house so he has no notion of the sheer volume of books and yarn and fabric and stuff that crowd the place.

I have a bit of time yet anyway to sort things out. I am still swithering about whether I should even do anything about this little flirty thing we've got going on. It has now been over 5 months since I broke up with the ex and I am starting to feel a bit better about myself again. I am wary though, I will say that. Crazy ex wounded me more deeply than I care to admit and I do not want to let that happen again. I thought I would not even be interested in anyone else for quite some time but this boy (I shall call him the Bear), there's just something about him. He's just fun to be around, we can (and do) talk to each other about anything and everything and he's one of the few people I know who can make me laugh till I'm on the verge of peeing my pants. In short, he makes me feel really good about myself and that's a rare and beautiful thing. I'm still not quite ready to take the plunge with him but in the mean time, there will be pants! Will post pics of my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment