Saturday 13 August 2011

There was meant to be something sensible here

I have two half-finished posts waiting in the wings - they are about sensible things like the importance of eating clean and the ass-tastic joys of squatting (hack squats in particular - people get on it! I will explain why later - with pictures! - in the mean time, just do it. Your ass and quads will thank you, truly. Mine look awesome!)

Truthfully though, I haven't been able to complete those posts in any sensible sort of way. My mind has been over-run by a number of other things: illness, the threat of redundancy (for the second time in as many years!) and a randomly distracting hot dude.

My bubba has now been diagnosed with glandular fever. He's not been himself for weeks and now we know why. Frankly it sucks. He feels like crap, he's tired all the time and yet not sleeping well and is too ill to do much more than hang about the house. Hanging about the house at someone else's behest is one of my least favourite things to do. Makes me so frustrated I could burst (this is a theme at the moment). The new school term is meant to start next week and that usually heralds the start of a serious training regime for me - joy, joy, joy! Except not, because he may not be well enough to attend school :( And he's miserable and sore which is just crap. If I could take the hit for this and spare him, I totally would. I could deal and I hate that he has to.

The redundancy thing? Well, that's an arse, no two ways about it. However, it has put me in mind of a few things. Prior to splitting with my ex, we had discussed moving somewhere else, starting over. I do not particularly enjoy living where I do. I have nice neighbours and I'm handy for work but everything else is pretty grim. I'd happily live somewhere else and jnr feels the same. He hates it here - he is not your typical Glasgow male, not will he ever be (amen) and is amenable to moving. So maybe we should just go. Workwise, I have things in mind for the future. They require a bit of retraining (but I can do that via distance learning if need be) but I do not need to be in Glasgow to do it. I could go elsewhere. I would really like to move. Before I had jnr in tow, I never stayed very long in one place. I worked in television which meant moving about the country was part and parcel of the job and that was fine. I liked it. If we're going to move, sooner would be better than later. I'm casting my jobsearch net a bit wider than usual - if I get something further afield now, it's all well and good. We could be sorted and settled before it's time for jnr to start high school. If we end up back in England, that's ok. My mum's health is better now than it has been for years so I won't feel so guilty being further away. Truth be told, I was always happy in England and Glasgow makes me miserable. My mum wouldn't want me to be miserable so although I tell myself I'm staying here for her sake, there's a part of me that thinks that's not true. It's just become the easy option. As a place to go climbing and do outdoor sports, Scotland is glorious. To live in one of it's cities is not quite so grand.

Random hot dude? I don't know that I should say anything here because he might read it. All I can say is that someone has got under my skin and I kind of wish that it weren't so. We're hundreds of miles apart, that's not about to change, it's highly impractical and probably pointless to even consider. The thing that really gets me is that he ticks so many of my boxes. I've struggled in the past with finding someone who gets my need to train and understands why I eat the way I do etc. Furthermore, he is someone who I think doesn't have an issue with me having my body the way it is. A guy who doesn't hate muscle! :) I finally come across someone who gets where I'm at with all and he lives at the other end of the country.  Bums. Big fat hairy bums. Big fat pustulated hairy bums. And he's a hottie - damn it all!

8 comments:

  1. Move! Sounds like it could solve a lot of issues :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only it were so simple! It'll all depend on what happens workwise.

    The love life is pretty much dead in the water and most likely to remain so (note, I said he had got under my skin, not the other way round!) I think I'm better to just keep things casual just now. It's easier. My life could do with a bit more fun but more stress is something I could definitely do without.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I see. Relationships can be complicated although men really aren't. Assuming said person is a friend it may pay to keep it that way as friends are priceless, but take heart that people that will appreciate what you can give do exist and I am sure you will find your soul mate, probably when you are not looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Move near me! Although I'm not a hot dude.....all the best ones are far away. If they were close by, they'd be annoying...

    Sounds like work and Glaswegian doors are shutting, but you're a solid gal (I mean that as a personality compliment, not that you're lardy!) so you can see the windows opening ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. G, it's men's lack of complication which makes them an utter frustration to deal with! Truth be told, I was not (am not really) looking for a relationship. It's more that this whole thing has made me realise that I probably don't want to be alone forever and time is moving on.

    Knicky, you are indeed not a hot dude. You are a hot babe! Alas I am not terribly lesbionic ;) I don't feel solid just now - I feel flimsy and me not like that. I need to get my thinking cap on and find something to re-inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hippolyta! I was so discontent about the moving and all of the scary unknowns last year. And all of the details to buy a new house, move a whole family's (6 people's) stuff etc... But it turned out to be really good thing--after I had a little time to getting used to my whole life seeming new and different.

    I have an unfinished post called "Booty Poppers" which my teenage daughter told me to write because I apparently meet the criteria to write it--glute-wise. It sounds like the squat post you haven't finished. I also definitely need inspiration with clean eating--backslided with too many work deadlines.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hippolyta! Thank you for stopping by my blog! Only 1 of my posts has gone onto the Blogger reading list in the past 3 or 4 weeks, so not-so-coincidentally, my follows are not coming to read my posts. It sucks. Looking into it. Anyway, I hope everything is going well for you, and hope your son is getting better.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. No problemo! I haven't been spending as much time in blogland lately (I am writing a post this evening though!) but this is the first post of yours I've seen in a while. I'm not so tech-savvy so I'm not sure what's up with that. It does suck though. Anything useful on the help forums about it?

    ReplyDelete