Tuesday 28 June 2011

Back

Things have been a bit hectic lately hence the lack of blogging that's been going on. I seem to have managed just about everything except that ... and the ironing. I have time for only one of these activities tonight. Wrinkled clothes it is then!

Gothenburg was fab. The hotel we stayed at was perfect for our needs: inexpensive, central, decent gym, pool and sauna and (fanfare) the best buffet breakfast in Sweden! I tend to approach a buffet in the manner of Shaggy and Scooby Doo. Over the course of two days my intake included cereal, seeded bread, two kinds of crisp bread, yoghurt, fruit, rosehip soup, cheese (soft and hard), smoked ham and turkey, sausages, bacon, meatballs, eggs, pickled cucumbers, strawberry marmalade, cakes, cookies, fruit juice, coffee and chocolate milk. I consider that a job well done! It was sufficient to fuel many hours of sightseeing including several boat trips, museums, islands and parks anyway.

I could definitely spend more time in Sweden. What's not to love? They have houses like this:


And idyllic islands like this:


And cake, there's lots of cake ... but no pics of that because my mouth is quicker than my camera :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Hippolyta! Your pictures are pretty and I'm glad the vacation was so nice for you and jr.

    Hey, where's your picture showing your awesome biceps? I am sorry to see it go because it says a lot about your fitness level without a single word.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marion. The 'gun show' photo has been retired for now for reasons of privacy but never fear, I'll have some more muscle pics up soon!

    ReplyDelete