Wednesday 8 June 2011

Mojo dojo

I have been running again :) I'd really let it slip by the wayside while waiting for my back injury to heal. Well, my back has been better for a while now and it occurred to me last week that I spend way more time chatting it up on the running forum than I do actually running. Not good.

The desire to get back into running properly was closely followed by us managing to get cheap flights for a few days away. We are off to Gothenburg two weeks today! The wee man wants to go swimming in the sea. I checked it out and some of the islands in the archipelago have beaches and are safe for swimming :) I'm so excited. It's been a mighty long time since I last swam in the sea (was probably St Andrews May Day Dip in 1997 - cold was not the word!). It does however mean that my sturdy Scottish self is going to be seen half naked in amongst lots of beautiful blond Swedish people. If that's not an incentive to get bikini ready then I'm not sure what is.

No major weight loss required - just a bit of fine tuning and for me that always starts with getting in those miles and making sure that I fit in a good swim session or two as well as my usual gym work outs. Getting back to running after a bit of a lay off is always a nice experience. You get that "Whee! Look! I can still do this!" feeling and the novelty of doing longer runs again overcomes any doubts that I have. I'm always scared that I'll somehow lose the knack but that's yet to happen.

Once I've got myself whipped into what I consider decent shape, I'll put a new profile pic up. That's incentive part two. In the mean time, it's sunspots. I think they're pretty.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hippolyta! I Googled Gothenburg a few minutes ago. What a beautiful vacation you're going to have! It occurred to me that you probably get out of your country more than us US people. We just go to a different state--not the same at all. Have lots of fun and take pictures too.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marion! I think we are quite lucky. Believe me, I am no fan of flying but it's worth it to see new places and there are so many countries that are only a couple of hours away by plane. Last year we did Paris, Dusseldorf and Cologne the year before. If I ever work up the courage to make it across the Atlantic you can be sure I'll be hitting up as many states as possible to make it worth my while!

    I'll be sure to take plenty of photos :)

    ReplyDelete