Sunday 12 June 2011

What I have done this weekend

1) I have eaten too much, far too much. We went out for dinner on Friday night and I had a vegetarian Indian Thali. The portion was too large of course but put a bowl of dhal in front of me and I will hoover that baby right up and later discomfort be damned. I also had some raspberry and rhubarb frangipane tart which was fab. Today I made a massive vat of veggie chilli. It's super tasty and ostensibly meant to do us for dinners during the week. In reality, I have taste-tested it every time I've walked past the cooker so there's probably not too much left. I have also rediscovered the simple joys of the humble chocolate digestive :) I'm happy to eat indulgently once in a while so long as I enjoy it. There's nothing worse than deciding to have a foody treat and then have it be disappointing (yes, last Saturday's iced gingerbread, I am talking about you).
2) I watched a few films: Black Swan, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows and The Crow. I've seen them all before, many times in the case of The Crow. Mindless viewing was the name of the game because ...
3) I've finally been cracking on with some knitting and crochet projects that I've had on the go for a while. I manage to finish commissions within a decent time scale but things I'm making for myself or for the house tend to fall by the wayside a bit. Lately I've been putting films on in the evening and doing circuits while watching them so it felt a bit odd to be there in my recliner, needles and yarn in hand instead of on the floor, exercising away. It felt good though. I'm working on something which, were I bit grander, I would call art. I really like a lot of Teesha Moore's stuff. There's a textural quality that really appeals to me and that's definitely an influence on what I'm doing now.
4) Lastly, I overcame the urge to do something really petty. I may even have managed to be magnanimous insteadBut I cannot lie, the bitch within was not easy to tame and she may pop up again sooner rather than later 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hippolyta!

    Between the lines, it sounds like you are very good at your knitting and crocheting. Maybe you can put a picture of it on your post when you're done. Me, I sew to mend things.

    I LOVE Indian food. We often make curried chicken and rice at our home. We throw curry on and into so many things. I overeat when we eat at the restaurant in the Mexican grocery store. Cheese and onion enchiladas cannot be denied.

    I had to Google Teesha Moore to find out what you're talking about. Yes, that's cool!

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete